Circle Thoughts on our new stuff

Anything to do with Warmachine and Hordes or any other Privateer Press game.
Dantes
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Circle Thoughts on our new stuff

Postby Dantes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Ninja Goblin wrote:The damage out put for a feral is clearly better then the satyr do the math.

I have. Assuming the Feral Always warps STr and calculating at Arm 18, Arm 20 and Arm 22.

Without a buff the Satyr out damage the Feral at Arm 18 and 20, while the Feral out damages at Arm 22. The moment you add a Single STR buff the Feral loses at every level. The only time you have any leeway is when the Feral can warp speed and charge outside the Ferals threat range. What you have to take into account is the Chain attack and free charge out of the Riphorn. This means you get 8 attacks out of the Riphorn where as you only get 6 out of the Feral.
I'm a confessed cynic so figure that into account when reading my posts.
finalnova
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby finalnova » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 pm

I played John, he didn't have his khador so he built something. I will get the list from kevin because he wrote it down.
Warhammer 40k:
CSM: 12k
Daemons: 3k
Warmachine/Hordes:
Circle of Orboros:
-Kaya the Moonhunter - 35 pts(1 proxy)
-[WIP] Morvahna the Autumnblade - 35 (half the list is proxied)
-[WIP] pBaldur - 35 (Entire list is proxied except 2 models)
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Gamers' Inn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 pm

There is also a thread on MoM about Satyr vs. Feral. Feral wins in very few scenarios in terms of only damage and loses in almost every scenario when it comes to utility.

Dantes summarizes it well. :]
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook

Looking for used models? Check out our eBay store, we might have what you need!

We also sell ALL Privateer Press Products for up to 20% off and ALL Wyrd Miniatures Products for up to 15% off!
Ninja Goblin
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Ninja Goblin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 am

Yes I see how D 14 arm 18 to def 12 arm 19... Most heavies kill the saytr everytime alot fail to kill that feral. Def 14 is just too big to ignore 7s to 8s to hit is HUGE.

The warpwolf is just more toolbox whatever he warps for makes him better then the satyr. Also in terms of all around caster killers the warpwolf is just better due to mat 7.

Additionally ghostly (with a pureblood) make him an insane assassin.
Yes, I'm a ninja. No, I won't show you my moves.
I do not sleep, I wait.... It's a ninja thing, you wouldn't understand.
Malal8
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Malal8 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Ninja Goblin wrote:Sorry guys Skorne wins the book.

Circle does very well for sure (new caster is truly EPIC) but pow 12 trample is nothing useful against anything but standard trollkin units, any other medium or large based minis are going have way to much Arm or hit boxes to care most of the time. The new UA makes a unit we would otherwise never see viable and the saytr is a contender not amazing, I would still take a feral over him often. (Not always which is why I say he contends!)

Just some thoughts shared to me from others..

I strongly disagree. Skorne's Mammoth is solid but far from an incredible model. It's good in some lists but its still got the price tag of two BBs and does a lot less than two BBs.

Circle got Lady Goat who is one of the best casters in the game. Not to mention she filled a gaping hole for circle. Skorne did well in this book but the clear winner is Circle.
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Gamers' Inn » Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 am

RISE FROM THE DEAD MY THREAD, RIIIIIIIIIIIISE!
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook

Looking for used models? Check out our eBay store, we might have what you need!

We also sell ALL Privateer Press Products for up to 20% off and ALL Wyrd Miniatures Products for up to 15% off!