Gamers' Inn Battle Report 00 - Circle vs. Cygnar 35 Pts

Anything to do with Warmachine and Hordes or any other Privateer Press game.
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Gamers' Inn Battle Report 00 - Circle vs. Cygnar 35 Pts

Postby Gamers' Inn » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey guys, we decided to start doing a Battle Report series for Warmachine/Hordes, maybe expanding into other games as well. Please have a look if you like that type of thing.

For our first report we had a game between Cygnar and Circle, no mission. Please check it out here.

We would love to get some feedback on what you like and don't like. We have the ability to do pictures or video as well.

This will be a weekly series so help us make it an awesome Battle Report to read! :]
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook

Looking for used models? Check out our eBay store, we might have what you need!

We also sell ALL Privateer Press Products for up to 20% off and ALL Wyrd Miniatures Products for up to 15% off!
Mundar
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Gamers' Inn Battle Report 00 - Circle vs. Cygnar 35 Pts

Postby Mundar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:29 am

Once I saw it was Mohsar vs. Stormwall with no scenario, I stopped reading.
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Gamers' Inn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am

Sorry it didn't impress you, although the game was close since both players were very new to those lists and there were mistakes.

Not sure how to interpret your response other than to add Scenarios, which was going to be done anyways. :]
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook

We also sell ALL Privateer Press Products for up to 20% off and ALL Wyrd Miniatures Products for up to 15% off!
Tico Love
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tico Love » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 am

I love battle reports. I like how you took photos at major events as well as the Ends of the turns.
I would recommend that you use the official names of Units and Models because it's less confusing. Also, it's a good idea to describe concepts such as 'Kiting' for newer players who don't know what it means.
I noticed that on Turn 1 Stormwall is tilted on a Vertical Obstacle. I think that is an illegal move.
Finally, I think you should have someone proof read your descriptions before you post them. There are a lot of blatant Spelling and Grammatical errors that could have easily been fixed.
Kasil
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Kasil » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Mundar wrote:Once I saw it was Mohsar vs. Stormwall with no scenario, I stopped reading.

Mundar, I wish you had stopped posting. If you have some constructive criticism, then post it, but no need to be a troll.

Sure, the game was a little sloppy, but they did a great job describing the turns and interactions, as well as providing great pictures. Thanks for the battle report, I look forward to the next one (do play a scenario though, as circle probably would have won with a scenario).
Warmachine - Cryx, Khador
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Gamers' Inn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, we will be doing another Saturday and hopefully it will turn out better.
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook

Mundar
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Mundar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Thats hardly trolling. I'm just not patting them on the head for basically taking pictures of a boring game. Want critisism? Ok, I'll bite.

The lists:

Mohsar is very ho hum vs. warmachine. He basically has a non-feat. His spell list is ok, but Stormwall should have no difficulty punching a pillar and shooting at anything behind it. Furthermore, Cygnar has E. Eiyress so they can easily remove curse of shadows (the one way Mohsar has to reduce armor).

Gorax of course. Its circle, so they have a Gorax. he's always a good choice.
Gnarlhorn, bad choice against high armor. The counter slam does nothing against a colossal. Without the Gorax or Curse of shadows it is incredibly pillow fisted. Just to hit as hard as other choices, it's burning up a bunch of resources (animus and an upkeep).
Warpwolf stalker, good choice. With mirage, sprint and potential pillar tricks it is solid with Mohsar (or anyone in CoO).

Druids with UA.. Push/pull does nothing against colossals. Blasts and storm pods also don't care about clouds. Only good use I could see is to pull forge guard out of defensive line. But if you're close enough to shoot forge guard, they're close enough to smash the crap out of the druids.

Min Ravagers with UA. They can be quick or used to jam something up. But no hitting power, and basically anything in the Cygnar list can flatten them instantly.

Gallows Grove. Good choice with mohsar.

So what'd circle need? Tharn Blood trackers with or without the ua. They're Fast and stealthed. With mirage and reform from the ua they can cover a ton of ground. With prey and curse of shadows they can hit like trucks. These could replace either or both units currently in the list.
Shifting stones. Why do you play circle and not use shifting stones? I shouldn't have to explain this one.
Switch the goat to another warpwolf. Again, for hitting power. Feral or a second stalker would be peachy.
Mohsar, if you're going to use him.. Play scenarios.

Cygnars turn:
E. Hailey because why not. She's definitely op, even more so without a scenario.
Squire, because why wouldn't you want to make that silly feat even bigger?
Stormwall, it one of the best colossals. Easily the best of what's currently available. Circle will also be hard pressed to deal with it.
Forgeguard, in defensive line will be hard to kill. They also hit hard enough to wipe whatever they touch quickly.
Gun Mages with ua, its cygnar. So of course you have Gun mages. It's almost silly to not use this unit.
Eiyress, upkeep and animus hate is always cute.

all in all a nasty cygnar list. I'd have switched Eiyress to a Journeyman to arcane shield the stormwall. That upkeep is a +3 swing in armor, while curse of shadows is -2. It still puts you at +1... While using Eiyress to simply shoot off CoS will leave you where you were at for armor, and the only other thing she really has to remove is mirage.

So based on the lists and with no scenario, its pretty obvious which faction is going to have an easy game. Short of horrid dice or sloppy play, Cygnar has this down. The circle list is pretty tame (dare I say weak, even more so by just playing caster kill) while the Cygnar list looks like something you'd write to punch people in the balls.

Now do you see why I didn't bother reading it?
Gamers' Inn
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Gamers' Inn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 am

We don't list against each other, both lists are intended to be all comers. If you think the game is boring that's fine, it's not intended to be top tier play. Just the same as 99% of other Battle Reports are not top tier play. Just a normal game that we decided to do a test run on. :]
Gamers' Inn
480-507-0509
Facebook